School Leadership Team (SLT)
The School Leadership Team (SLT) brings together school administrators, teachers, and parents to strategically plan the educational and enrichment goals that are implemented into the PS 133 curriculum in conjunction with DOE standards.
The SLT assesses and prioritizes school needs to plan the curriculum, set academic goals and in turn develop the school’s Comprehensive Educational Plan (CEP). They are responsible for developing an action plan to achieve set goals as well as for monitoring the school’s progress in meeting the learning needs of students and promoting their educational achievement.
The team is comprised of an equal number of parents and staff and meets at least once a month. Parents are elected to SLT on an annual basis based on open seats. The term is two years. If you are interested in serving on the SLT, please keep your eyes peeled for information regarding SLT elections in the spring.
2020/2021 School Leadership Team
Heather Foster-Mann (Principal)
Jennifer Skoda (PTA Co-President)
Jessica Simmons (PTA Co-President)
Vivian Quintero (UFT Chapter Leader)
Sherene Irvine (Teacher)
Samantha Rubin (Teacher)
Gladys Munafo (Teacher)
Niae Knight (Parent)
Michelle Logan (Parent)
Nathalie Lubin (Parent)
Johanna Salas (Parent)
Other members of the school community may attend SLT meetings to observe and listen to the proceedings.
Excerpt from last meeting notes (March 8th)
- Will be started March 5th.
- The theme is reading.
- Will be completely virtual.
- Class parents are sending out notification and creating a sign up,
- If no one signs up the teacher in the classroom will set something up
- If classes don’t have parents, other parents can visit other classes.
- Gladys will send reminder messages to classroom teachers including the day and theme.
- We can have first Friday begin at 10:00 to give everyone a chance to attend.
- Checking in on action items.
- Rephrase goals to show growth using the MOSL’s
- Use writing end of year questions
- Book clubs are used to check comprehension
- Formative assessment through discussion and teacher led prompts
- Quality IEP Goals
- Check in on goals
Progress Monitoring Goals
- Testing using Savvas will not be the best way to use
- We can use the same MOSL program we used
- Practice is key, so the technology aspect is not the reason students do poorly.
- We can use the MOSL as a mid-year assessment to show growth.
- What are some ways we can capture what students are doing and their understanding without sending a packet home.
Minutes of previous SLT meetings are available from Ms. Sherene Irvine.
Meeting Dates - 4:00 pm
- Monday, November 9th
- Monday, December 14th
- Monday, January 11th
- Monday, February 8th
- Monday, March 8th
- Monday, April 12th
- Monday, May 10th
- Tuesday, June 8th
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to attend the meeting.