School Leadership Team (SLT)
The SLT assesses and prioritizes school needs to plan the curriculum, set academic goals and in turn develop the school’s Comprehensive Educational Plan (CEP). They are responsible for developing an action plan to achieve set goals as well as for monitoring the school’s progress in meeting the learning needs of students and promoting their educational achievement.
The team is comprised of an equal number of parents and staff and meets at least once a month. Parents are elected to SLT on an annual basis based on open seats. The term is two years. If you are interested in serving on the SLT, please keep your eyes peeled for information regarding SLT elections in the spring.
The primary mission of the School Leadership Team (SLT) of PS 133 is to oversee the development of the school’s Comprehensive Education Plan (CEP) and make decisions about the budget that allow the CEP to be implemented. The SLT also supports the school’s education model of graduating responsible, productive, and well-rounded citizens with strong critical-thinking and academic skills. We love our students, value our teachers and other professionals, and work hand-in-hand with our local community to provide every child who walks through our doors with a wonderful education in a safe and caring environment.
- Creates a structure for school-based decision-making and shaping the path to a collaborative school culture.
- Develops the school’s Comprehensive Educational Plan (CEP) and school-based educational policy that is aligned with resources and the school-based budget to implement the plan.
- Assists in the evaluation of the school’s educational programs and their effect on student achievement.
- Consults with the Title I Parent Advisory Council (PAC) regarding the joint development of the CEP, Parent and Family Engagement Policy (PFEP), and School-Parent Compact (SPC) in Title I schools.
- Communicates outcomes of SLT meetings to school communities with appropriate language translations.
- 2022-2023 School Leadership Team
School Leadership Team Meeting Minutes
Zoom Video Conference
Meeting Date/Time 2/13/2023 @ 4:00 - 5:30
Team Members in Attendance:
- Heather Foster-Mann
- Madeline Rudden(Facilitator)
- Tabby Ann Cardoza (Facilitator)
- Jose Brunard (Note Taker)
- Vivian Mendez-Quintero
- Veronica Parker
- Kira Boesch
- Melanie Okadigwe
- Anna Amadei
- Samantha Rubin
- Greysha Pineda
- Wilnelia Rodriguez
- Yoko L.
- Sherene Wright
- Melanie Okadigwe
Sanford Harmony: If you had to stay inside all day, how would you spend your time?
Family Engagement -Next Steps (Streamlining Communication)
- 60 second wrap up for March Newsletter with the Student Government
- There are a lot of different communication platforms , what are ways we can streamline everything ?
Equity - Pooling and distribution of teacher gifts
- The school is debating if all end of the year gifts for teachers be pooled and equally shared.
- Bring awareness to financial equity
- Scholastic Book Fair
- Does the book fair highlight the have and have nots?
- What can be done to bring attention to the information about the book fair?
- Are we omitting the student voice when managing all student choices in the book fair ?
- Continue to cultivate trust between parents and teachers.
- Scholastic Book Fairs are for the students.
Next Step :
Use School Report Card to update CEP https://tools.nycenet.edu/dashboard/#dbn=13K133&report_type=EMS&view=City
- Streamline communication - Townhall (Veronica)
- 60 seconds wrap - HFM
- Eyes on Equity Task:
- Read the text ” Not My Idea”. Flag any page(s) that resonated/connected with you. We will use this text for the next couple of meetings to engage in discussions around equity.
Link to PDF - First part of the book.
- Family Engagement - Two way communication - Restructuring First Friday, providing resources for families. How do we get our families who do not participate to engage?
- How can we remind families that we want to foster two way communication
Remaining Meeting Dates
- Mar 20, 2023
- Apr 24, 2023
- May 22, 2023
- Jun 12, 2023