School Leadership Team (SLT)
The SLT assesses and prioritizes school needs to plan the curriculum, set academic goals and in turn develop the school’s Comprehensive Educational Plan (CEP). They are responsible for developing an action plan to achieve set goals as well as for monitoring the school’s progress in meeting the learning needs of students and promoting their educational achievement.
The team is comprised of an equal number of parents and staff and meets at least once a month. Parents are elected to SLT on an annual basis based on open seats. The term is two years. If you are interested in serving on the SLT, please keep your eyes peeled for information regarding SLT elections in the spring.
The primary mission of the School Leadership Team (SLT) of PS 133 is to oversee the development of the school’s Comprehensive Education Plan (CEP) and make decisions about the budget that allow the CEP to be implemented. The SLT also supports the school’s education model of graduating responsible, productive, and well-rounded citizens with strong critical-thinking and academic skills. We love our students, value our teachers and other professionals, and work hand-in-hand with our local community to provide every child who walks through our doors with a wonderful education in a safe and caring environment.
- Creates a structure for school-based decision-making and shaping the path to a collaborative school culture.
- Develops the school’s Comprehensive Educational Plan (CEP) and school-based educational policy that is aligned with resources and the school-based budget to implement the plan.
- Assists in the evaluation of the school’s educational programs and their effect on student achievement.
- Consults with the Title I Parent Advisory Council (PAC) regarding the joint development of the CEP, Parent and Family Engagement Policy (PFEP), and School-Parent Compact (SPC) in Title I schools.
- Communicates outcomes of SLT meetings to school communities with appropriate language translations.
- 2021-2022 School Leadership Team
Other members of the school community may attend SLT meetings to observe and listen to the proceedings.
- What is our vision for parent engagement?
- Returning to school events and parental presence, visual representation of parents coming to the building; culture night, etc
- More classroom participation, not being there in the classroom
- Have career day and family game night in person
- Parents being in the school community
- More opportunities to socialize like the homecoming event
- PTA will start hosting family events as well
- Ask parents to share something they are most passionate about.
- April Coffee chat and First Friday in person, sign up 3-5 maximum to attend.
- As we all work in pursuit of equity in our district and our schools, what feels most urgent and impactful to you? Are there certain members of our community or certain issues that come to mind?
- Create more events where the families are allowed to feel comfortable.
- PTA Parents will like to try to offer up more to the community. Finding what they need.
- Our goal is not meeting a certain number but finding the barriers we might have created and breaking them down.
- Which members of our community may not feel included in this work and what can we do to address that?
- We have families who aren’t as involved, possibly coming from a guarded state. They might not feel comfortable.
- Culture might play a part in the parents being guarded. Some families feel like School is where my kids learn and not a place to talk about certain things.
- Give parents the opportunity to share how they want to show up.
- As so many things are virtual parents feel like they don’t have the opportunity to be engaged.
- Families may think what they have to offer?
- There’s many differences in the households within our schools and it’s about thinking where they might belong
- What are some practices and structures in place to make families on the outskirts feel included.
- Ideas shared from Equity Team
- Ask Parents what they’re good at and what they can do
- Change order of PTA ,meeting to talk about what we need
- In person things played a huge role in parent engagement
- We need to leverage our class parents for more involvement but also leverage the kids. Create a project where they interview families to help find ways for them to be involved.
Meeting Dates - 4:00 pm
- Monday October 18th
- Monday November 8th
- Monday December 13th
- Monday January 24th
- Monday February 28th
- Monday March 21st
- Monday April 11th
- Monday May 16th
- Monday June 6th